Help centre

I’ve lost my debit card. What now?

If your debit card has been lost, stolen or misused, you can temporarily block or cancel it directly from your online bank. Here's how:

From your web browser:

  1. Sign in to your online bank.
  2. On your home page, select your Chequing account in the My accounts section.
  3. Click Manage my card and select the appropriate option.

If your card has been cancelled we'll send you a new one by mail to the address on file.

Watch our demo

From the National Bank app:

  1. Sign in to the National Bank app.
  2. Select your Chequing account on your home page.
  3. Click More on the chequing account screen.
  4. Click Block or cancel my card.
  5. Then select the Block or Cancel my card option on the Manage my debit card screen and follow the instructions.

Watch our demo

If you're in Canada or the United States and have a problem, you can call us directly at 1-888-483-5628.

If you are calling from outside North America, contact us via collect call from a landline at 514-394-5555. Please note that charges may apply if you're calling from a mobile phone.

Need assistance abroad?

If the loss of your card is causing you financial difficulties, you can contact the Canadian government's consulate and embassy services for emergency assistance.

Related questions

Picto of two text bubbles

Chat with our virtual assistant

Ask a question for immediate answers to your questions, available 24/7