Deposit cheques wherever you are
3 reasons to use it
- It’s easy: Just a few clicks and you’re done!
- It’s convenient: You don’t need to go to a branch or ABM.
- It’s fast: Your funds are deposited immediately.
Deposit a cheque
You can deposit a cheque anytime, anyplace with the National Bank app. We created a step-by-step demo to show you how.
How does it work?
Deposit your cheque
Enter the amount of the cheque. Take a photo of the front and back of the cheque.
Confirm the deposit
Select the account you want to deposit the funds in. Confirm the transaction... and that’s it!
Ready to try mobile deposits? Start by downloading the National Bank app.
Little details that matter
Mobile deposits and security
National Bank has online fraud prevention measures in place that meet industry standards. In addition to taking the usual precautions, we use various systems and methods to make sure your personal information remains confidential when you do transactions through National Bank online.
You’re also covered by National Bank’s Peace of Mind guarantee1. In the unlikely event that fraud is committed via your online bank, any losses will be reimbursed to you in full, as long as you’re not at fault. It’s guaranteed and it’s free!
When to dispose of paper cheques
Keep them until the date shown on the screen when your deposit is confirmed.
Hold funds policy
The amount that you are allowed to withdraw immediately after depositing a cheque depends on your withdrawal rating. The remaining funds become available once your cheque clears, which can take up to seven business days.
I can’t see the mobile deposit feature in the app
If you’re unable to access this feature, make sure that you’re using the latest version of the mobile app. After updating the app, you should see a camera icon in the lower-right corner of the screen.
The app won’t accept my cheque
- First, make sure that you follow the deposit instructions shown on the camera screen.
- If your cheque is folded, crumpled or torn, the app may not be able to read it.
- If your cheque is not from a Canadian institution, please visit a branch to deposit it.
- If you’ve exceeded the monthly limit for mobile deposits ($50,000), please visit a branch to deposit your cheque.
If you still can’t deposit your cheque after checking all of the points above, please visit a branch or ABM to make your deposit.
1. The Peace of Mind Guarantee for National Bank online and the mobile app applies to clients who, upon checking, discover that they have been a victim of fraud and agree to cooperate in the investigation into this fraud. This guarantee applies only to unauthorized transactions carried out through your online bank or the mobile app and covers only the amounts lost as a direct result of those transactions. The Peace of Mind Guarantee for National Bank online and the mobile app applies to those clients who have been the victims of fraud even though they had protected their access numbers, passwords and equipment, and who cooperate with the fraud-related investigation. While carrying out online banking transactions, each client must take the measures necessary to ensure the security of those transactions, and has the obligation to promptly inform National Bank if they believe they’ve been the victim of fraud.