Select the option that best describes your needs.
1. Consult the Fee Guide for more details. Discounts are applied upon presentation of supporting documents. The Minimalist package is offered with no flat monthly fee for young people aged 0 to 17, for clients aged 18 to 24, for seniors aged 65 and over upon presentation of eligibility for the Guaranteed Income Supplement, and beneficiaries (aged 18 and over) of a Registered Disability Savings Plan (RDSP) upon presentation of proof of eligibility for an RDSP.
2. Transactions carried out at our ABMs, a participating merchant, through our online banking services (including our call centre) or those related to certain operations in your account.
3. Transactions carried out at our branches during normal business hours.
4. Subject to credit approval by National Bank of Canada.
5. The cashback on the annual fees for a Mastercard credit card can only be applied once, at enrollment.
®THE MINIMALIST, THE MODEST, THE CONNECTED, THE TOTAL and NATIONAL BANK are registered trademarks of National Bank of Canada.
®The Interac and Interac e-Transfer are registered trademarks of Interac Corp. Used under licence.
®CIRRUS is a registered trademark of CIRRUS SYSTEM Inc.
®MASTERCARD is a registered trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated. Authorized user: National Bank of Canada.
The passbook option has not been available to new clients since May 4, 2015. If you are an existing client who uses a passbook with your account, a $2.50 monthly fee is charged.
For the fees associated with our products and services, consult the Fee Guide [PDF].
Contract governing personal deposit and investment accounts
For more information on the terms and conditions governing your new account, consult the Contract governing personal deposit and investment accounts document [PDF].
Basic banking services
For the terms and conditions governing whether a person may open an account or cash cheques and other items from the federal government, consult our guide to Basic Banking Services [PDF].
Access to funds policy
For details of our cheque hold policy, see the Access to Funds Policy [PDF].
Coercive tied selling
To understand what coercive tied selling is and what is not allowed, consult our pamphlet What you need to know about coercive tied selling [PDF].
Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation
Please refer to our page about Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation (CDIC)
FCAC account selector tool
Discover the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC)’s account selector tool to compare bank accounts.